The Chapel of the Transfiguration is a small log chapel in Grand Teton National Park, in the community of Moose. The chapel was sited and built to frame a view of the Cathedral Group of peaks in a large window behind the altar.The chapel was built in 1925 and is owned and operated by St. John’s Episcopal Church in Jackson. The first discussion of having a possible chapel in the […]
George Washington Memorial Park is located at the center of Jackson, Wyoming. More generally known as “Town Square”, the park is notable for its elk-antler arches at each corner of the park, collected from the nearby National Elk Refuge by Boy Scouts and periodically rebuilt. The square originally existed as an open space in the center of town that was made into a park in 1934. The park center also contains a stone memorial to John Colter.
The area was used as a commons area by people and occasionally as a thoroughfare for migrating elk.”